Sunday 10 June 2007

PREACH THE WORD - 1 - THROUGH LITERATURE - The Bible








"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine... But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." (2 Timothy 4.1,2,5)
The press is a very big blessing that God gave us to spread the Gospel! Let us think little bit about this blessing and how we are using Literature to "preach the Word".
We bought Bibles from the Scriptures Mission and from the International Bible Society to give as a gift to the Langata Women's Prison(see picture) and to be used in our Cathedral in the Teens Club, in Bible Studies, in Meetings (see pictures). This was possible by special donation from members of our congregation, from a friend of the USA and from a friend of Brazil. THANK YOU!
Bibles were sold at the Cathedral, so that more congregants can have their own Bible (see picture).
Are you reading your Bible at home? "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" (Psalm 119:105).



1 comment:

Rev. Charles Webb said...

Dear Brother Winterle,
I will be coming to Nairobi with a medical group from LWR and HC on Oct. 5-15 of 2007. I am the physician/pastor you met in 2006 when you were installed, Charles ("Chuck") Webb. I look forward to returning!

What is your email and the name of your vicar and his email?
I understand that you have a new vicar who is assigned to Springs of Life Lutheran Church, Dennis Meeker. Is this in addition to the vicar I met last year?

I have a request. The last time I was there they wanted me to preach and I will be happy to do that this time. I wondered (and I have some facility with languages) how difficult it would be to preach a sermon in Swahili! I do have a couple of Spanish sermons that might work, if someone would translate them. I could then find someone in our area who would help me read it. Would that work?
The sermon would also have to be translated into English so I could pass out a copy to my group.

I would be happy to send a brief bio as a way of introduction.

En Cristo,
Dios te bendiga y
"bwana akubariki"

Rev. Dr. Charles ("Chuck") Webb,
Traverse City, MI